Monday, November 12, 2007

Foliage

I went for a run in Central Park today. It was warmer than yesterday and I actually got my Lit Hum paper done with a few hours to spare, so I took off in the direction of the Jackie Kennedy Onasis Resevoir. As I came over the hill onto the path, a sudden thought struck me: this is what I have been missing in my life. The Manhattan skyline rose high above the span of calm water and beautiful, changing fall trees. It is in the high 40's out today, overcast, and perfect. Now that I have seen it I don't know that I can ever leave. I am very much in love; who needs a husband when they have Manhattan?

On another, colder note, it was about 35 outside last night as we played our last soccer game of the season. I froze my ass off and it was a blast, though we lost (surprise!) in overtime. I don't know that I prefer 35 degree games to 60 degree games, but they sure to make coming back into the dorm a whole lot more appreciated.

Class? Now? Crap.

No comments: