Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Frustration Day

Currently having a bit of a mental freak out. I'm sitting in my makeshift little room looking at all of my crap that I somehow have to get up to Columbia, but can't because I don't have a key to my room because Columbia is stupid. I'm looking on my computer at all of the loose ends that I need to wrap up for work, which I SO don't want to go to because it's on the exact opposite side of Manhattan as Columbia, where I really need to get today.

I've approached this summer with the mentality of the problem solver. I knew going into it that I would have experiences that were new and challenging, and every time I come up against something that is unfamiliar or sticky, I slow down, take a breath, and take a moment to think of some possible solutions. Basically, I've had a lot of practice being an adult. As the summer draws to a close, however, I am growing weary of solving my own problems and stepping outside of the box. All I really want to do right now is crawl back inside my little box and go back to school, to the land of half-adults who never really have to emerge into the real world. I want to go back to comfortable problems, have somewhere to call home again, and think about something more in depth than how to induce PR people into sending me pictures when I ask for them.

I also want to stop complaining. but I am in such a limbo position right now that I'm not sure what else to do. I'm itching to finish everything up (literally and figuratively after getting attacked by mosquitos two nights ago), and I am so frustrated that I am having to live by someone else's schedule right now.


---- UPDATE, 6 Hours Later ----

I stopped complaining and problem-solved. And my problem is solved. I've got one more load worth of stuff to take up to Columbia on move-in day and I should be set.

No comments: