Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I hereby rescind my status as a Californian

It's somewhere in the realm of 3 am. I'm exhausted. But this is so worth it. I feel that it is my patriotic duty to record my ecstasy tonight, going to be knowing, for the first time in 8 years, that I feel comfortable with the direction in which America is going. For the first time in 8 years, I am proud to be an American. I'm not really in any state to attempt a coherent argument for why Obama is a great candidate, and what this moment means for Americans, but it is enough to record that tonight I just really feel good.


That being said, I am extremely disappointed in the California electorate. As the country takes a step in the right direction, California takes three giant leaps backwards. I knew there was a reason I got out when I did. I'm proud to be a New Yorker, now and forevermore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, just to clarify, you got out when you did because you view Californians as intolerant?

CosmoShane said...

No, I got out of California when I did because 1) I went to college, and 2) New York is better, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

"That being said, I am extremely disappointed in the California electorate. As the country takes a step in the right direction, California takes three giant leaps backwards. I knew there was a reason I got out when I did."

That's the only reason I asked. I'm happy to hear my inference was misguided.

I like the blog overall. You seem to be a good person who's doing well at an exciting time in her life. All the best to you.