Monday, November 3, 2008

Not even concentrating enough to finish this

I really don't like school breaks very much. In a way, I am glad for the opportunity to relax and not worry about school for a couple of days, but somehow they always end up making me depressed. I always feel alone and end up bored. I feel like there are too many options and I cannot decide what to do. As much as I would like to blow everything off in the name of "break," the truth of the matter is I have a lot of homework to do, and can't just leave it sitting on my desk until tomorrow afternoon.

I feel removed from everything--my trip to Nebraska getting canceled took most of the political fervor out of me. I couldn't even argue my point well last night when I went to dinner with Diana and her parents. I no longer have any ambitions to do anything politcally-minded in the next couple of days. I can't bring myself to step that foot forward, even though I know that it will probably make me feel better.

I feel paralyzed sitting here at my desk, semi-staring into space at my computer, with my Calc book open, and my French book, my CC readings, and my Anthro coursepacks all staring at me from my shelf above. There are no distractions here to keep me from them. Except for the absent-minded braiding of my hair that I've been doing all morning.

No comments: