Friday, January 2, 2009

1 of 30: Taking Stock

Why is writing so hard for me lately? It's a dilemma that I cannot seem to get a handle on. Every time I sit down to my computer, I feel the need to write a blog entry, but every time I get distracted and end up doing something else. No longer. I am determined to write something, even a little something, every time that I sit down to my computer (okay, well, at least once a day). 30 entries in 30 days. Can I do it? I think it's not that difficult. The more that I start spilling my emotions onto the page, the more I will pine for blogging every time I have an emotion--I just have to start the ball rolling.

Coming home seems to me to be a time for reflection, at time to take stock, and a time to reorganize my life. The inevitable emotional crises that I have been putting off in New York can now come to the forefront of my conscious and I can start to deal. It's time to dust off those things that I have compartmentalized and shoved to the back. I can't use life's ambition as an excuse to roll over the things that matter to me, no matter how shallow or "unimportant" I deem them to be. I avoid exposing the flaws that I know that I have simply because I know they are flaws. I should stop hiding things. It might just make me more personable.

Okay, that's my grand thought for the day. At least I have some goals for the start of the year. I should also learn to type better. And to spell.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I don't know why, Shane, but your goals made me laugh out loud. Seriously. :)

Here's to the 30 days!