Saturday, January 3, 2009

2 of 30: An Ungrateful Morning

Oh Ventucky, how I wish I could get out of here. I've been asked several times in the last few days whether I was bored out of my mind, and could I not wait to get back to New York? Originally the answer was no, I am quite content to stay here and relax away from the winter and the hubbub of the city. Yet, either because of being a few days wiser, or perhaps because of all the questions, I am now fully ready to embark. Sitting around all day is nice, but I would rather be in the craziness of the city, which can envelop my thoughts and make me forget my worries.

It's difficult to lead a double life. Where did my friends go in this town? They have dispersed like the wind. Bad metaphor, but they have dispersed. I seem to do nothing here but ride my bike, which turns into a worry in itself. If it takes up so much of my time here, then how will I ever continue when I go back to school, to Spectator, and to life? How did I make it through first semester?

I'm a little overwhelmed by life right now. Part of me wants to hide in this little corner of my house, and the other part knows that I'll never face anything if I don't get out. Que drama.

No comments: