Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bier, et plus

Ah! So many stories to tell. I can start with this one, but it really doesn't do justice to what really happened at Oktoberfest. It leaves out the grimier details--not that the trip itself was grimey. It leaves out things like the experience of sleeping on the floor of the hotel room because we had one king bed for 5 people (but only 88Euro a night!), or the incredible discomfort of sitting in one place for 6 hours straight, standing up on benches just to get away from the overweight 40-year-olds continuously blowing smoke in my face. It also leaves out the best detail: an unmentionable name that made staying out until 3 AM worth it, even though I knew I would be getting up at 8.

And other details to come, when I'm not late for a rendez-vous halfway across the city.

No comments: